The Beast of Trinity Texas 2025
I find the writing to the movie to be subtle, clever, and beautiful in some ways. This may seem strange, but there are some parts to the movie that are almost poetic, though this is more in the presentation. There is a lot of silliness in the movie, some of this on purpose for comedic effect, which I appreciate. I give you props for saying the unsaid during the fight scene between the two officers. There is a subtlety there, which I think would go over most peoples' heads. What Deveraux's wife said after the fight made me laugh, because in many ways, its' true.
The film is a slow burn, with multiple plot threads that actually tie together in the end. I was preparing for it to have a few plot holes, but as far I can remember you actually tied everything up.
To me, I don't see the film being about a cryptid hunt, though that is definitely a part of the movie; I realize that it's more of an appetizer to what the movie really brings: an example of a veteran in desperate need of help, that is drinking himself to death. I think it's clever of you to write about such a subject, without throwing it in the viewer's face. The movie doesn't take itself super seriously, so the usage of comedy allows the viewer to get familiar with what is a heavy subject. Not Bigfoot, but PTSD, Depression, and Alcoholism that many Veterans suffer from.
I love the nods towards Texas. I laughed at the line in the bar scene when Autumn's ex told her, "Every time I see a Bluebonnet, I think of you.". I laughed so hard at that. I can tell that you went to real Texas towns, and filmed in actual Texas settings. It was so nice seeing those old downtown buildings with the facades, a common sight in nearly every Texas town, big or small. I smiled when I saw that you guys clearly filmed in Houston, I've seen that graffiti many times! Also, thank you for actually showing the right ranking for the Colonel!
The filmography was beautiful, without a doubt. The camerawork is amazing, seriously. I really admire how you guys used the contrasting orange and blue lights near the end to create a more dramatic effect. This was very clever, using complimentary colors in such simple ways.
I found it clever that Ridge woke up at 3:33 am in the one scene. A subtle foreshadow for the end of the film, and to those who know what it means. I really appreciate things like that in film.
My video: https://youtu.be/3L1bK7Ys3to
No comments:
Post a Comment