Wednesday, July 1, 2026

NO SENSE MAKES SENSE 1993 Review

 NO SENSE MAKES SENSE 1993

 




“No Sense Makes Sense” is a low quality opinion piece about Charles Manson. It came out in 1993, and it’s a short film, not even 22 minutes. I didn’t expect any new information to come out from this, but I also didn’t expect it to be so bad. The editing is terrible, with constant rips and takes of Nikolas Schreck, being interviewed in various capacities, along with other clips of people, and some of Manson himself. As a viewer, this film comes off as nothing more than Gen X trash, that was created to be “edgy”. It’s not fun or informative. It’s more of an art piece that takes rips of rips of VHS tapes, to create an aesthetic, instead of conveying any real information at all. 

I’m disappointed that there is so much revolving Nikolas Schreck. I don’t care about what he has to say, tell me more about Manson himself! But I suppose the creator to the film didn’t have much backing to their contentions. They don’t actually say anything, instead using a broadcast format to have the viewer read their thoughts on screen. The problem with that, is that there isn’t enough time for the viewer to actually read, and many times the movie cuts to another clip, with annoying and loud screeching sounds.  

While I do agree that Bugliosi pushed a narrative with his Helter Skelter theory, what bothers me is that creator of the film didn’t seem to understand that this was likely done to create a way to keep Manson behind bars, if he were so convicted. Despite mentioning the court transcripts in this film, the creator did not seem to catch in such transcripts that there were other charges Manson was being looked at before the Tate-LaBianca arrests. Because of this, the film comes off as nothing more than an apologetic Manson love letter, that loves to zoom in Nikolas Schreck’s forehead. 

The film ends with a quote from Manson, like as if the viewer is supposed to just agree. I think it’s all just a flimsy ploy to try convincing others that Manson should have been freed, and was a victim of the system…while completely overlooking the actual crimes he committed. There is all this emphasis on the Tate murder, but none on Gary Hinman, where Manson was at. There’s holes in the argument that Manson should have been free.

I can’t recommend this film, it’s hard to follow, and you’d have a better time just reading Helter Skelter. 

Grade: F

My video: https://youtu.be/i-VFeiBDZsM 

No comments:

Post a Comment